GRC Civil is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join their Brisbane office. Previous experience in TMR works essential. Brilliant opportunity to join a progressive Company with great working environment and conditions. GRC culture ensures that you are not a number but an integral part of a growing team.
About the Organisation
GRC Civil is a Queensland-based company providing high-level construction services to the Development, Energy, Resources, and Transport industries across Australia, in both private and public sectors. With a proven track record of safely delivering projects on-time and within budget, their success is a direct result of the strong experience and technical expertise of their team. Prequalified to Level R3, B1 (F50) under the Department of Transport and Main Roads (DTMR).
We are offering an opportunity to join a progressive Company in a full time capacity, essentially becoming a core part of the team so you will be entering into a very secure role. Our team is highly engaged, friendly and all focused on working together to achieve their goals of delivering safe projects on time and budget as possible.
Your key accountabilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Scheduling projects, preparing and submitting budget estimates, and providing regular progress and cost tracking reports;
- Determining labour and other resource requirements, requisitioning these materials and coordinating daily work crew activities;
- Managing subcontract resources, negotiating rates and ensuring sub contractors and suppliers are compliant with relevant environmental/safety requirements;
- Acting as Quality Coordinator, ensuring that safety, environmental, and quality management outcomes are in line with company objectives and industry best practice;
- Providing technical engineering advice and administrative support to the Project Team, Supervisor, Foremen, and respective crews; and
- Assisting with Project Estimating, using first principals estimating techniques.
In addition to the above, you will also be responsible for supervising the work of the Project Engineers and ensuring all budget, time and quality obligations are met.
To be successful you will be:
- An experienced Snr Project Engineer / Project Manager
- A degree qualified Engineer
- A background in government-based projects, particularly Transport and Main Roads (TMR)
- additional qualifications in Traffic Management highly regarded.
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) registration is also preferred.
- A confident and effective communicator capable of liaising with a range of stakeholders, including clients, project crews and other GRC staff.
- Experience with programming tools & costing
- Current valid Driver’s License
- General Construction Induction card (White Card)
About the Benefits
- Remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualifications. All employees will also receive eligibility to an internal bonus structure after their first 12 months with the organisation.
- Company vehicle, phone & laptop
GRC Civil is committed to investing in their staff and, from Project Managers that joined the team as apprentices, to Foremen that started out as Labourers, they’re passionate about promoting from within, based on individual skills. With a fantastic company culture and ongoing opportunities to advance and grow with the business, it’s not surprising that GRC has incredible staff retention, with a majority of their team still around from when the company was founded in 2008.
Bring your engineering skills to a growing organisation that genuinely invests in their staff and rewards hard work – Apply Now!